Monday, April 08, 2013

Welcome to my blog V2.0

Hello, and welcome to version 2.0 of my blog. As you may surmise, this is my second attempt at keeping up with a regular blog, however the objective is quite different this time around. Let me give you an unnecessary amount of detail as briefly as possible...

As you probably know, I write. I do this for fun, for profit, and ultimately to become a world-renowned, noteworthy and awe-inspiring author. Clearly, keeping a blog is the best way to achieve these goals.

Ok, so maybe that’s a bit of a stretch. However, I believe it is important to create an online footprint and persona to highlight my awe-inspiring talents. So that’s one thing.

Next, I find I have these little conversations in my head most days and I often think, “Gee, I wish someone could hear these downright profound thoughts, comment and leave feedback to affirm my awe-inspiring talent and possibly stroke my ego.” It’s like that saying: if a tree falls in the woods, and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound? (oh, she’s lofty indeed!)

But seriously, I would like to refine my personal voice. When tackling matters of the heart or intellect, I tend to write in a journalistic, objective style. Given my background and training, this makes sense. But given my above-stated objective, less so. So my intent is to tell stories and issue opinions in an captivating, unique, and at times humorous way. And practice is really the best way to hone this skill, methinks. Not to mention developing a regular habit of writing is kind of essential and something heretofore I’ve been very poor at maintaining.

With that said, I’d like to entertain you, dear reader, but I’d also love your feedback. If you think my opinions faulty and thoughts silly, well, that’s fine (you’re not alone), but I’d really love to hear what you think of my writing.

Yeah, I think this feels pretty good. I’ve got my writing shoes on, I’m doing some mental stretches, I’m ready to take off. Let’s see where this goes!

No comments: